Outside the city, in the way to Zamarramala, the Church of the Vera Cruz is located. It's name can be translated into English as Church of the True Cross. Its style is Romanesque. It was started to be built at 1208 by the Templar Knights. Its plan is regular and has twelve sides. Inside, its is similar to the Holy Grave, at Jerusalem.
The church keeps several wall pictures from XIII and XIV centuries, and also gothic sculptures from 1520.
Updated: August 26, 1.996