The Basilica of the Holy Sepulchre
The Life of Emperor Constantine
by Eusebius of Caesarea
- How he ordered the Erection of a Church at Jerusalem...
- That the Holy Sepulchre had been covered with Rubbish...
- The Materials of the Idol Temple...removed at a Distance.
- Discovery of the Most Holy Sepulchre.
- How he wrote concerning the Erection of a Church...
- Constantine's Letter to Macarius...
- That the Building should surpass all the Churches in the World...
- That he instructed the Governors concerning the Beautifying...
- How the Church of our Saviour...was built.
- Description of the Structure of the Holy Sepulchre.
- Description of the Atrium and Porticos.
- Description of the Walls, Roof, Decoration, and Gilding...
- The Double Porticos on Either Side, and of the Three Eastern Gates.
- Description of the Hemisphere, the Twelve Columns, and their Bowls.
- The Inner Court, the Arcades and Porches.
- Of the Number of his Offerings.
Text prepared by John Abela ofm on articles by Virgilio Corbo ofm, Michele
Piccirillo ofm and Eugenio Alliata ofm
Hi-Res pictures prepared by Michael Olteanu
Other pictures prepared by John Abela ofm and Michael Olteanu
Use Back Key of your Browser to return to Page of origin
The Holy Sepulchre
Custody of the Holy Land | Christian Information Centre |
Franciscans - Malta | Our links
Studium Biblicum Franciscanum |
Franciscan Archaeological Institute | Franciscan Printing Press